What’s perfect binding?
Perfect binding, also called softcover binding,perfect bound or paperback binding. For traditional perfect binding, the process is pages are printed, folded, gathered, and then glue into a cover, to form a square spine. The perfect bound book often include front cover, back cover,spine and inner pages.
Perfect binding is one of the most popular binding ways, often used for books, catalogs,zines,booklets,etc. Because of perfect binding not only affordable, but also save production time.
Perfect binding VS sew and perfect binding
1. The books with sew and perfect binding can be opened flatter.
2. The production time of perfect binding will shorter than sew and perfect binding. Usually, the production time of sew and perfect binding will longer 3-5 days than perfect binding.
3. The cost of perfect binding will be cheaper than sew and perfect binding.
4. The thinner inner paper is more suitable for printing perfect bound book.
5. Perfect binding suitable for the books between 8-100 pages. Sew perfect binding suitable for the books more than 20 pages.
Perfect binding production time
The perfect binding book production time often needs 12-15 days. Please see our lead time to see how much time for your project will depend on your proofing and printing requirement.