What are the difference between hardcover books and softcover books? —And the method of Hardcover book shell processing
The biggest advantage of hardcover book printing is that the sheath is firm, which protects the inner pages and makes the book durable. The inner pages of the hardcover book are the same as the paperback. Most of them are stitched, and a cloth strip should be pasted on the spine for more firm connection and protection. The cover material is thick and hard. The cover and back cover are respectively glued to the first and last pages of the book. The spine of the cover and the spine of the book are mostly non-sticky, so that the inner pages are not always affected when flipping, which is more flexible. The spine of the book is divided into a flat spine and a round spine. The flat spine is usually lined with a hard paper plate, and the shape is flat. The round spine is usually lined with kraft paper, leather and other tougher materials for arcing. A groove and a spine should be pressed between the cover and the spine in order to open the cover. The hardcover book is beautifully printed, not easy to break, and is easy to use and store for a long time. The design requirements are special, and the material selection and process technology are also more complicated, so there are many places worth studying.
We all know that the book printing generally containing the hardcover books and softcover books. So, what are the difference between hardcover book printing and softcover books?
One of the binding forms of hardcover book printing, as opposed to softcover book. Generally, hard paper, leather, fabric, plastic, etc. are used as the cover, and some book spine is covered with cloth, which requires higher craftsmanship. Hardcover is divided into full paper hardcover, paper cloth spine hardcover, and full material hardcover; the three hardcover styles have two forms of round ridge and flat ridge. The cover is inlaid with gold lettering, very gorgeous.
Softcover book printing, also known as “Paperback”, is a commonly used book binding form that has been reformed after summarizing the advantages of back-packing and thread-packing. The main crafts include folding, collating, ordering, covering and cutting the edge of the book. A paper cover is generally used. The method is simple and the cost is low.
Hardcover Book-Encapsulation Processing
1. Process flow
Gluing → sticking cover → wrapping corners → flattening → creasing (for decoration only) → hot stamping → upper zipper
2. Processing points
(1) The four sides of the book cover must be firmly bonded, and no looseness, bubbles, wrinkles, etc. are allowed.
(2) The surface of the book cover and the four rounded corners should be neat and tidy to ensure that there are no edges or corners at the rounded corners.
(3) The edging size of the four sides of the book envelope should be consistent. The edging width is determined to be 15mm. The standard requires the edging width to be within the range of 12-16mm.
(4) Each rounded corner of the book cover has 6 pleats. Theoretically, there are no less than 5 pleats, and the number of rounded pleats for the 4 rounded corners should be the same.
(5) Prepare the zipper before processing the book cover.
(6) After the book cover is processed, the teeth of the zipper are not allowed to contact the three-sided cuts of the book block to avoid damage to the gold rolling mouth.
Prev Page : How to design and print a booklet？