How To Control The Ink Thickness In Book Printing
Printing books in China, the thickness of ink will be has a large effect on book printing quality. But how to control the ink thickness is depend on many objective factors. The ink thickness should be from ink characteristics, the distribution of layout pictures and texts, climate, machine speed, smoothness of the paper surface, etc. Then adjust the ink thickness base on different situation.
What effect does ink thickness have on book printing quality?
In general, we divide the ink thickness on the effect of book printing quality into 2 parts.
1. The ink is thicker, the more viscous it is, and the ink is less fluid. If the ink is too thick, the ink in the ink fountain is not easier to be inked. And the ink on the ink roller is not easier to be evenly distributed. So that it cannot keep the ink on the printing plate uniform, and it is easy to accumulate on the printing plate. It will also cause the phenomenon of paper fluffing and so on.
2. If the ink is too thin, the less viscous it is, and the ink is too fluid. It will make the printed book too dull and distortion. The dot will wrap and expand, fuzzy. Meanwhile, it is easier to cause a rubbing situation.
How to control the ink thickness during book printing?
1. From the ink characteristics, magenta ink and black ink need to adjust thicker. And blue ink, yellow ink, light red ink, light blue ink, etc. need to adjust thin.
2. From the distribution of layout pictures and text to consider. When the book printing factory printing a large solid plate, the ink needs to adjust thin. So that the solid plate can print flat and not easier to raise. But when printing the dot plate, the ink needs to thicker. So that to avoid the dot wrap expand and fuzzy.
3. From the climate situation to consider. When the temperature is high, it will increase the ink fluidity. Thus, to control the ink fluidity, when printing the books, we need to adjust the ink thicker. When the temperature is lower, it will reduce the ink fluidity. So we need to adjust the ink thin. When the climate is too dry, the ink also needs to adjust thin.
4. From the machine speed to consider. Such as when printing board books. If the machine speed is too fast, the ink roller is running fast. The ink roller will generate heat, and the fluidity of the ink will increase, so the ink needs to adjust thicker. On the contrary, if the machine speed is slow, the ink roller is running slow. And the ink roller running generates heat is relatively lower, so the ink needs to adjust thin.
5. From the smoothness of the paper surface to consider. If the paper surface is rough, soft and big absorbent, the ink needs to adjust thin. Otherwise, if the paper surface is high smoothness, hard and low absorption, the ink needs to adjust thicker. Because the ink is too thin, it will cause dirty.
BookPrintingChina with rich experience experts to control the ink thickness, then to achieve high-quality book printing. If you find a professional team to print the best books. Select us, you will be happy with our quality and services. Whether children's book printing or other types of book printing. We can make sure of 100% high-quality printing.
Next Page : How to Achieve Green Printing Children’s Book