Analysis in the envelope printing process
The envelope is a thick paper cover for letters or books. Its purpose is to insert a single page or sample into the envelope to form an integrated set of document materials. In China printing company, due to high quality and new technology, envelope printing always plays an important role in the field of printing.
The size of the envelope printing is usually 6 or 4 openings. Generally, the size of the envelope is slightly larger than the size of the inserted object. If the inserted content is large, a certain thickness is required.
The envelope usually chooses thicker paper such as 200g, 250g or 300g. The paper type can be selected from copperplate/matte paper, cardboard or art paper, etc. The general size is 220x305mm.
Envelope printing method:
Envelope printing usually uses offset printing. All need to produce film and proof before printing.
Post-processing of the envelope:
After printing, the envelope needs to be coated or oiled to protect the ink and increase the strength. After the printing is completed, the finished product is die-cut and glued. Some jacket sockets can also be used as business card sockets, or you can choose to use one on the right or two sockets on the left and right.
In recent years, many customers are no longer keen on bookbinding albums, and “envelope plus loose-leaf” promotional samples have gradually become popular. Generally, it is printed and processed with copperplate paper or white cardboard of more than 200 grams, covered with a film on the cover and back cover, and has a paper pocket on one or both sides of the inside. A single color page, document or report of any combination of customers can be placed in the paper pocket, or some albums that are not too thick can be placed. The outer side of the paper pocket generally has gaps for inserting business cards, which can be very convenient for inserting business cards. There are also some enveloped paper pockets that are specially used to insert CDs in order to achieve a “three-dimensional” publicity effect.
Type of envelope:
The types of envelopes vary according to different materials, such as hot melt adhesive envelopes, PVC envelopes, etc. The hot-melt envelope is a product used on the hot-melt binding machine, and a binding product that uses resin raw materials as the binding material. The binding of books that I usually read is simply glued together. The glue used is called “hot melt glue.” After the book is printed, the hot melt glue is applied to the book by a binding machine, and then the binding is completed by wrapping and cutting. The so-called hot-melt binding is to make a book cover first, and pre-place hot-melt glue in the book, which is called “hot-melt envelope”.
Processing technology after envelope printing:
The post-press processing technology of the envelope has a certain degree of particularity. According to the attributes of the product, it is divided into two parts: necessary processing technology and non-essential processing technology.
I. Non-essential processing technology
This face-to-face process is mainly to increase the beauty of the product. Common processing techniques are:
1. Laminating. It is a processing technology that coats a plastic film with an adhesive and heats and presses the printed matter to bond it together. After the printed matter is coated, it is smoother due to the extra layer of plastic film on the surface, and the gloss and color firmness are also better. The graphics and text are bright and three-dimensional, and they are also waterproof, stain-resistant, and wear-resistant. Fold-resistant and corrosion-resistant functions.
2. Polishing. A common process in high-end printed matter is to coat a layer of colorless and transparent paint on the surface of the printed matter to form a thin and uniform transparent bright layer on the surface of the printed matter. It not only protects the printed matter, but also changes the foreign trade texture and visual effect of the printed matter.
3. Raise the drum. The process is called concavo-convex embossing, that is, through a close-fitting intaglio plate and a relief plate, the printed matter is sandwiched, and under a certain pressure, the surface of the printed matter is formed with graphics or patterns similar to the relief plate, so that the printed matter has a clear sense of relief. .
2. Necessary processing technology
Because there is a significant feature in the structure of the envelope, that is, it has a paper pocket for loading documents, the production of this part must go through the two processes of “folding” and “pasting”.
1. Folding. Through mechanical action, the indentation to change the material shape is reserved on the paper or other cut paper to facilitate folding.
2. Paste. That is, the printed matter is glued and formed. According to the selected adhesive, adhesive strength and use environment restrictions, the paste can be divided into two types: normal and high-grade in terms of quality.
Next Page : What are the color box printing processes?